Chad Harrison International
Chad Harrison International is working with a global leader in the exploration and processing of industrial minerals. Our client is seeking an Exploration and Resource Geologist to join the team in the UK with responsibility for Northern Europe.
The Exploration and Resource Geologist defines deposits with the local teams to ensure access to high quality raw materials. They will improve geological knowledge, ore recovery, give support to; mine planning and reporting of resources and reserves. Ultimately, leading to achievable plans aligned with group health and safety standards, well-defined timelines, responsibilities and a clear method of measuring improvement and performance.
The Exploration and Resource Geologist is responsible for defining the company’s mineral Resources.
Managing geological projects and assets:
- Designs and oversees geological and mineral evaluations (quality/quantity) while providing assistance for mapping and modelisation
- Designs and oversees exploration plans while providing assistance for multiple sites for logging and sampling.
- Manages projects but also provides any required geological support to Business development within the perimeter.
- Provides support for effective mining production, reconciliation and restoration of mineral assets.
Reinforce geological knowledge:
- Generation of background information on known resources/reserves mineral deposits as may be required.
- Undertakes interpretation and definition of geological resources
- Has knowledge of 2/3 industrial minerals (geology, mining, processing and markets)
- Ensures a high-quality monitoring of the reserves and resources, and assess external raw material as may be required.
- Ensures any work related to the Public reporting of Resources is undertaken in compliance with the PERC code.
- To support the business in ensuring access to reliable, sustainable and predictable Resources and Reserves declared in compliance with the PERC code.
You will have:
- Strong health and safety mindset.
- Good communication skills – technical and non-technical.
- Hands on experience of exploration, geological modelling, mine planning, geotechnics and mining operations.
- Proficient level in mining and geology software (Surpac, Leapfrog), database management system (AcQuire, Datashed) and Microsoft/Google Suite (Excel, Sheets).
- Solid experience in statistical, geostatistical analysis and in using various interpolation techniques.
- Coding experience will be appreciated (R, Python, Visual Basic).
- Experience and exposure should address all elements of mining related geoscience – exploration, modelling, estimation, production, reconciliation.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience as a geology professional in a mining, preferable industrial minerals, context.
- The right to live and work in the UK.
To apply for this position, please fill in the quick contact form.
Chad Harrison International is a global search and permanent solution specialist recruitment consultancy operating across several niche industries including Energy, Chemical, Built Environment, Life Sciences, Technology, Packaging, Mining & Metal industries. Our mission is to be the company of choice that connects the best in the international market.
We Consult | We Search | We Connect For further information go to www.chadharrisonint.com