Chad Harrison International
Chad Harrison International is working with a global leader in the mining & processing of industrial minerals. This company is currently seeking a Plant Manager for one of its major production sites in Midwestern USA.
The Plant Manager will be responsible for all aspects of operations of a manufacturing plant and an open pit quarry, covering day-to-day operations decisions, review of results, P&L, long term investment strategy, staff management and compliance with health & safety regulations.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Create and sustain a zero-injury culture and monitor effectiveness of initiative
- Provide leadership to ensure all company safety rules and regulations in accordance with Mine Safety & Health Administration are observed by employees. This includes planning the necessary resources in manpower and budgeting to accomplish site safety goals and administer safety initiatives
- Monitor environmental compliance and ensure housekeeping standards are met
- Maintains community relations
- Develop and execute site plans for the implementation of company initiatives
- Ensure quality of product during process and adjust production plans to meet customer requirements
- Implementation of training plans to provide employees with the necessary training to perform their job safely and effectively
- Drive site performance through effective use of the System for Management, including continuous improvement and non-conformance resolution
- Monitor and maintain the Industrial plan including prioritization and monitoring of Capital project work
- Routinely monitor key performance indicators identifying opportunities for improvement and making appropriate supervisory and management personnel aware of the findings
- Ensure the execution of the daily production plan. Explains significant variances from the plan and provides leadership for improvements within the operations groups
- Contribute to the formulation of business plans and budgets, and the achievement of approved goals and objectives
- Support development of personal and professional direct reports
You will have:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, Mining, Business or related field.
- Minimum 5+ experience progressive experience in mining or heavy engineering industry
- Minimum of 5+ years managerial experience with increasing responsibility
- Outstanding judgment and mature business skills, with the ability to establish a strong rapport with senior management.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, strong organization, and prioritization skills; detail & process oriented with strong problem resolution abilities.
- Demonstrable success in cultural ‘turn around’ a plus.
- Proven in leading operational excellence through applying behaviour-based management.
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Right to work in the USA
To apply for this position, please fill in the quick contact form.
Chad Harrison International is a global search and permanent solution specialist recruitment consultancy operating across several niche industries including Energy, Chemical, Built Environment, Life Sciences, Technology, Packaging, Mining & Metal industries. Our mission is to be the company of choice that connects the best in the international market.
We Consult | We Search | We Connect
For further information go to www.chadharrisonint.com